Home » International Transport » Intermodal transport
With more than 160 years of experience in transport, we’re the ideal partner when it comes to intermodal transport.
A combination of road and rail freight is often the best solution for customers with large volumes of goods that need to be moved over long distances. Intermodal transport guarantees more flexibility and enhanced safety for customers’ goods, with no additional cost and environmental benefits.
Transmec Group offers regular intermodal services between Romania and Belgium, Italy and Belgium, Romania and Italy, Romania and Germany, Romania and Poland. These services connect Central and Northern Europe, Eastern Europe and Southern Europe, enabling us to guarantee deliveries in the following countries:
- Northern and Central Europe: Ireland, United Kingdom, Holland, Luxembourg, Germany and Northern France
- Eastern Europe: Romania, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Moldavia, Turkey and Greece
- Southern Europe: Italy, Switzerland, Southern France
Transmec Group owns 800 Huckepack trailers, more than 2,500 containers and 150 swap bodies - meaning you can relax in the knowledge your goods are in safe hands.
- Regular service: multiple weekly departures
- Collection and shipment without any goods transhipping
- Fixed transit time: unaffected by driving bans/traffic restrictions during weekends and holidays
- Year-round availability: more than 2,500 45’ containers, 800 Huckepack trailers and 150 swap bodies (27 tons loading capacity)
- Deliveries guaranteed thanks to the combination of rail-road transport
- Owned terminal
- Network of offices and dedicated, specialist staff
- Ability to handle all main ADR/RID goods, classified as dangerous
- Satellite alarm system placed inside every container and special anti-theft bars to prevent intrusion
- Constant traceability of the trailers
- Surveillance in our warehouses
- Saving of 0.83 kg of CO2/km (0.88 kg of CO2/km consumption for road against only 0.05 kg of CO2/km for rail).
- Very competitive rates with no fluctuation throughout the year and a high level of service